Microbeads seem to be all the buzz these last few days with the recent signing of the new Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015, a law banning the sale and distribution of the environmentally-damaging plastic. The bill was signed by President Obama on December 28, 2015 with plans to effectively implement the ban by July 2017.
Now to give you the gist on the infamous microbeads, they're tiny plastic balls about 5 millimeters in size contained in a variety of personal care products from facial wash to toothpaste, cosmetics, soaps and more. Often going unseen, these beads wash away into our drain systems settling into lakes and rivers. While most would find that harmless, these plastics never dissolve, are consumed by the fish which many of us ultimately have for dinner. Remember how you're parents used to tell you not to eat plastics? Well that's cause it can kill you, hence the fight for clean waters.
All this talk on microbeads, what now for your exfoliants you ask. Well, great news! This means, that not only do we get cleaner waters but cleaner products. This ban will force many manufacturers to revert to more natural substances, a trend that's been long forged by some of our favorite lines such as Eminence Organic. By the way, did you know that for every Eminence product purchased a tree is planted? Talk about giving back! Clearer skin using healthier alternatives that gives the earth back some of the good its provided.
Start making the shift now, here are some Microbead-Free cleansers to consider.
- Eminence Organic Stone Crop Gel Wash
- the Aloe Source Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish
- Eminence Organic Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant
- Eminence Organic Pear and Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher
- Eminence Organic Calm Skin Chamomile, Clear Skin Willow Bark, Firm Skin Acai, Bright Skin Licorice Root Exfoliating Peel Pads - each designed to effectively exfoliate skin with specific concerns such as aging, pigment, acne or sensitivity.
Available in-store for purchase & if you mention this post now through end of February 2016, you'll receive a 20% discount on your next purchase of any of facial wash.